The D15R/D65R are designed to maximize testing capabilities in a lightweight, sturdy format. Additional testing capabilities have been added to make them a more comprehensive tool for predictive maintenance. As with the other digital testers, the D15R/D65R high precision testing capabilities allow data collection in the shop or the field. The results can then be printed immediately or stored for later use. As many of Baker’s instruments, these machines are IEEE compliant.
- The D15R/D65R Digital winding tester can perform Resistance, HiPot and Surge tests, as well as digitize and store data for future use.
- The Resistance test verifies the existence of dead shorts within the turn-to-turn coils, shows any imbalances between phased due to turn count differences, along with locating poor wire connections or contacts.
- DC HiPot testing detects faults in groundwall/earth insulation, and also provides a complete Polarization Index test. The groundwall/earth insulation system consists of the wires insulation, slot liner insulation, wedges, varnish, and sometimes phase paper.
- Surge testing detects faults in both inter-turn, winding and phase-to-phase insulation systems. Using advanced analog-to-digital conversion hardware, the D series captures the surge test waveform, remembers it, displays it indefinitely, and outputs it to a printer.
- The D series tester can be used to test all rotating fields of a synchronous motor by storing the waveform from a surge test on one coil, and comparing that waveform to the waveform from every other coil.
- The D series tester can be operated on its own in the field, and then data can be transferred to a computer running Baker’s Motor Test Acquisition (MTA) software for further analysis. MTA provides database capabilities, waveform comparison, report generation, printouts, and other functions that turns test data into usable information. All options are easily assessed with on-screen prompts.
- D65R only – The lower impedance of series-wound armatures (traction motors, transit and lift truck armatures) make accurate surge testing of these coils difficult. The D65R allows the user to safely test these coils using higher currents. When testing these coils a specific voltage is applied on adjacent commutator bars reducing the need for excessively high voltage that could potential damage the coil. Inter-bar voltages can be varied from 50 to 900 volts on large, cross-connected equalized armatures. This bar-to-bar testing is the preferred method of testing DC armatures used by manufacturers and rebuilders.
- Storage of test data for up to 10 motors – 3 surge wave patterns with amplitude & time base, surge test peak voltage amplitude, DC HiPot voltage, leakage current and insulation resistance.
- Baker’s QRR reliability high voltage design.
- Zero start interlock for tester high voltage output.
- Bright, sharp 5-inch digital display.
- HiPot over-current safety warning indicator.
- Input source open ground operator safety disable and warning indicator.
- Test lead insulated to 40 kV rating.
- Dedicated test leads for resistance testing.
- Test lead select switch with all leads grounded operator safety position.
- Brochure (PDF format)
Owon HDS1021M 20 MHz Handheld Digital Storage Oscilloscope – Model owon HDS1021M AKA owon $269.00